Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Allo Allo!

G'day mates!  We landed about noon London time today and it ended up being about 2 pm by the time we got to our hotel in Charring Cross.  This is the theater district on the Strand right near the Thames.  Drove past Buckingham Palace but Liz didn't invite us in for tea. (Considering I am a British subject I think she owed me the courtesy).

Beautiful old buildings drove through Kensington and past Harrod's.  Considering greasy fish and chips plus two beer cost 25 pound sterling (about $50) at the neighborhood pub we WONT be shopping at Harrods, sorry Pat.

I also tried Ginger beer..... wont be trying that again, also ordered a honey brown pale ale, imagine my suprise when it was a pint of watered down beer instead of a 6' blonde oh well.  Debbie had Pear cider and I had to beat her knuckles with a ball peen hammer to get her to let go of the bottle she REALLY REALLY liked it. At 4.5% alcohol content its good for her cough and my ears!

Sean thanks for posting the photos of Deb and I eating fish and chips and the hotel.  Send me an email and I will do it myself instead of your mother bothering you about it.

The Charing Cross hotel is really quite nice the whole area reminds me a lot of Victoria BC weather is great.   We are sitting at Starbucks across from our hotel watching the double decker bus's go by.  They just arrested a guy who was a little (OK a lot tipsy) Paddy wagon showed up and shoved him in it in about 5 minutes tops.

Tomorrow we are thinking of a city tour and perhaps the open market at Notting Hill we will see.  Its just starting to get dark (8:35 london time).  We will talk to y'all tomorrow

Cheers
Dale and Deb

Dim Sum for dinner

Looks good to me!!!

4 comments:

  1. pear cider eh? very nice.

    Another must have at the new house.

    Check your email on photo uploading....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAUGHED SO MUCH!! Dale, you've a gift for sharing the most unexpected humor, that I actually get!! LOL
    You guys are SO going to enjoy such a fantastically FUN trip!!! Thank you for sharing!!
    :) Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhmmm, I don't know how to change 'Mom' ... I've only posted on Chas' blog, I'm not you guys' Mom if someone reads my post! I'm Debbie's not so real blog keen sister! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's under your profile settings janice.

    Just go to the display name and change it to something else.

    ReplyDelete